Customer experience survey questions seek to uncover the details of customer interactions, customer service, and customer satisfaction with your company. This includes asking customer satisfaction survey questions like what happened when they used your products and services, and the degree of satisfaction they have.
Taken together as the customer experience, every interaction, from engaging with your social media, to going through the sales process; to using your products and services; to getting service, and even contracting and billing, all contributes to your customer relationships, affecting your customer retention and customer loyalty.
Great marketers and great companies intentionally manage each touchpoint along the buyer and user journey. Measuring the customer experience is a key tool in ensuring that everything works together harmoniously. Customer experience surveys contribute to a strong brand, loyal customers, and a growing business.
Why measure customer experience?
Hearing exactly what is driving a positive customer experience through customer surveys is an absolute necessity. In place of a hunch or anecdotes from sales reps, a customer feedback survey study with well-thought-out customer experience survey questions will give you objective data and reliable insights that can uncover the strengths and weaknesses of the experience your company delivers. You can pinpoint your efforts and your investments in areas that will give you the greatest returns in customer loyalty and customer retention.
“It is important to be very clear on what the objectives are in doing this kind of research. Your objectives drive what you ask and who you ask in your study,” says Patiwat Panurach, NewtonX VP of Strategic Insights and Analytics.
He adds: “It is just as important to carefully recruit and screen respondents. You want to reach people in the right industry, company and role and make sure they are directly involved in making decisions related to your brand. If you don’t get the right respondents, it doesn’t matter what questions you ask. You won’t get useful answers.”
Exploring categories of customer experience survey questions
The B2B customer experience is a complex one. Honing in on the right customer survey questions to ask takes time and effort. Whether you’re using dedicated survey software, following a customer survey template, or letting industry-leading B2B market research services do the work for you, here are three areas that have the most influence in driving the success of your business.
Rating the buying experience
- How do you get information about [product or service type]?
- How well does [our brand] do when it comes to providing information [online, through social media, and through marketing materials]?
- How do you feel about your sales rep?
- What alternatives did you consider?
- Tell us about the process of negotiating the deal, buying, integrating, and onboarding.
- If you had to do it over, how likely are you to buy from us again?
Rating the product experience
- What is your most important priority in making a purchase decision on [product or service type]?
- Which brands do the best when it comes to those priorities, and how do they do it?
- What has our brand done well? What could it do better?
- What were your goals and expectations when you bought [our brand]?
- Where have we done the best in meeting those goals and expectations?
- Where could we improve?
- Have you any unmet needs that we should be addressing?
- On a 1 to 10 scale, how would you rate your satisfaction with [our brand]?
- How likely are you to recommend [our brand] to others?
Rating the customer service experience
- How satisfied are you with the service you get from [our brand]?
- When you have had issues, how would you rate the speed of our response?
- How well have we dealt with your issues?
- When you have had questions, how would you rate our response?
- What could we do to improve the service we provide?
Field insightful customer experience surveys with NewtonX
Assessing your customer experience properly means you’ll need to cover a lot of ground to reach the right people. NewtonX can help you find the right people and ask the right types of questions, from brand awareness survey questions, message testing survey questions, brand perception survey questions, and more. Get in touch with us today if you have any questions about brand awareness and how tracking it can help your business.